Full Job Description
At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Production General Supervisor to join our growing team located at our plant in Pueblo, Colorado. The Production General Supervisor will be responsible to develop, direct and manage a team of supervisor and their employees in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manufacture of rail products.
- Direct, manage and coach a team of employees in a safe, fast paced, efficient and high quality environment for the manufacture and shipment of Rail Mill products
- Ability to lead cross functional groups through complex situations to achieve specific goals
- Capable of analyzing strategic goals and breaking them down into manageable projects
- Responsible for generating/implementing methods to make the production process and use of company resources more efficient
- Must be a team builder with record of gaining engagement with both hourly and management contributors
- Developing, coaching and training of Employees
- Ability to drive quality and yield improvements through the use of KPI’s in conjunction with lean techniques such as 5s (6s including safety), mistake proofing, visual standard work, value stream analysis
- Use LEAN tools from the Evraz Business System engage employees to continuously improve mill operations
- Developing monitoring and refining process control practices
- Work with Quality, operations, maintenance and sales on customer, quality performance issues
- Daily interaction with the Rail Mill management staff is a must as is participation in the overall successful management of the Rail Mill
- Daily maintain employee KRONOS
- Manage employees in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Company Policies
- Monitoring daily production and delay management
- Maintain, analyze, and draft reports related to data and performance
- Coordinate and manage both operations and maintenance personnel to maintain shift manpower for line operation and training
- Conduct shift safety meetings, train employees on safe work practices, conduct daily safe job observations.
- Perform daily mill inspections with an eye for safety and productivity issues, coordinate with mill support groups to design and implement countermeasures
- Ensure production meets output and quality goals while remaining within budget
- Supervise the Quality Assurance Inspectors
- Use quality standards to evaluate product conformance and troubleshoot quality issues in a timely manner
- Manage, organize, and inventory mill parts and tooling.
- Maintain necessary inventory of mill supplies, interface with storehouse and vendors as needed for resupply and trials
- Implement automation and process control projects where necessary to improve product quality and personnel safety
- This position may be required to cross train into other supervisory roles within the Rail Department
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Five years of steel manufacturing supervisory experience, prefer rail experience
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of roll stand and guide building, rolling process troubleshooting, material flow logistics, roller straightening of rails or special sections, sawing and gag press operations, process troubleshooting, and material flow logistics
- Pass design experience
- Auto-CAD or similar experience
- High mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with database development, statistical process control and process control technologies
- Experience with Oracle or similar software
- Proven ability to organize, time management, and motivate production teams for safe, high-quality results and maximum productivity
- Proven ability to professionally communicate both in writing and orally with all levels of personnel
- Ability to multitask
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of personnel and communicate professionally in written and verbal form
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Strong problem-solving and proven decision making skills
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with proven interpersonal skills
- $93,800 - 121,940 USD per year
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
- A bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Retirement Account contributions and (401k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Employer-provided Group Life and Voluntary Life Insurance options
- Paid vacations, sick time and 10 paid holiday days per year
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
All applicants must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!