Full Job Description
F A M I L Y S U P P O R T C E N T E R
The Family Support Center is seeking individuals who are interested in becoming Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT’s) through our paid training program! We provide training on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA Therapy), where you will provide one-on-one sessions with clients ages 2-18, diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum. Our treatment approach consists of in-center sessions, but also give families the option of in-home/school sessions as well. Sessions are structured with research-based behavior plans and skill programming assessed by the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), and implemented by you, the RBT. These plans work to decrease maladaptive behaviors and replace them with more appropriate behaviors using positive reinforcement, as well as improving communication skills, peer skills, social skills, adaptive capabilities, and independent life skills. Session data and note taking are included in every session.
If you would like to see a day in the life as an RBT here at the Family Support Center, check us out on Facebook: @FamilySupportCenterAutismServices and Instagram: @fscautism
4 WEEK PAID TRAINING TO BECOME A REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN
Week 1: 40-hour RBT video training (work from home)
Weeks 2-4: in-center and zoom training
- hands-on training with Registered Behavior Technician’s and their clients (in-center)
- classroom style training (via zoom or in-center)
Week 4: exam to become certified as a Registered Behavior Technician
SCHEDULE: Full time: 35-40 hours a week, part time evening/weekend positions available. Center hours: M-F: 8-7, S: 8-5, open availability preferred, flexible hours available.
Paid Training (4 Weeks): $14
Pass RBT Exam: $17
6 month raise: $18
12 month raise: $19
*Yearly raises of 1-5% from here on. Room for growth in other positions clinically or administratively.
BCBA Candidate - $20-22
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
$200 sign-on bonus if you are already RBT Certified
$1 raise for fluency in Spanish or American Sign Language
$1 differential pay increase for RBT’s who work Saturday’s
Flexible hours for students
For those who become classified as Full-Time Staff:
- Medical/dental/vision health coverage
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 6 Paid Holidays
Paid travel and mileage reimbursement
Monthly gift card incentives for great performance
Opportunities for career advancement within FSC
- RBT Floor Supervisor – experienced RBT’s can move into supervisor position
- BCBA Candidate program – RBT’s seeking to higher education can apply to our program to gain free supervision hours and professional support as they work to become credentialed as a BCBA through a master’s program
- Administrative – we seek to hire within our company for those wanting to move into jobs such as front desk, scheduling, billing, HR, etc.
- Work alongside other professionals such as our Speech Language Pathologists (SLP’s) and Occupational Therapists (OT’s), where you can gain mentorship and exposure to other therapies that you may find interest in advancing within FSC
- Continued company growth: as the need in our community increases, we have expanded to 3 locations in Colorado Springs, 1 in Pueblo, continuously offering new opportunities as we continue to grow!
High school degree or GED
Ability to pass a background check: Upon offer of employment applicant will be required to undergo a Federal / State Criminal background check per BACB, RBT, BCaBA & BCBA Eligibility requirements (directed to Code of Colorado Regulations 12 CCR 2509-8 [this regulation includes administrative personnel]) and Tricare Operations Manual Chapter 4, Section 1, Paragraph 8.0.
Physical Requirements of a Registered Behavior Technician:
- Ability to lift/push/pull, repetitively, 45 pounds to carry, lift and/or physically prompt a client through the center (or other area of attendance) to the appropriate area throughout the work day (4-10 hours)
- Manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions
- Visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through computer, electronic devices and paper means
- Ability to speak with proper pronunciation, diction and intonation
- Ability to listen to and comprehend different rates of speech
- Ability to provide feedback on appropriate pronunciation, diction and intonation
- Reliable transportation: License/own vehicle in order to travel to out of center sessions when needed
- Attendance: Regular attendance & punctuality
BENEFITS: All employees are currently eligible for our EAP. Employees classified as Full Time are currently eligible for Holiday Pay, PTO accrual, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Voluntary Accident Insurance, and Voluntary Critical Illness.
Visit our website at www.fscautism.com to learn more about us and the Registered Behavior Technician position!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Following the CDC and State Mandates in order to stay in compliance. Mask Mandates. Screener questions and temperature checks. Work zones with limited amounts of people in work areas at a time.
- Why are you interested in this position? Why do you think you are a good fit?
- You may receive a call for a 10 - minute phone interview. Please answer this question with your phone number and a few good times we can reach you at during the week from 8am-4pm. Please note, the call you receive will show up as "No Caller ID." If you do not answer, we will leave a voicemail or message you.
- One location