Full Job Description
New Construction Apprentice (7:00 am - 4:00 pm)
Scope of Position: The Apprentice is responsible for performing plumbing work on assigned Projects, with accurate reporting and incident-free performance.
Exemption Status and Working Hours: This is a non-exempt hourly position. Standard working hours for this position are from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. 30 unpaid minutes during this time period are designated for lunch. This position is required to work additional time when needed.
This Employee reports to the following supervisor: Project Manager, FR Commercial or General Manager, FR Residential Construction. The Apprentice shall also take direction from the Project Lead on each assigned Project.
This Employee supervises the following positions: None.
Scope and Limits of Authority: None.
Responsibilities: The position is accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Provide professional, quality and environmentally sound services by effectively performing work on assigned Projects.
- Comply with Company safety programs, policies and procedures, to minimize safety incidents and violations on the Project.
- Take such immediate action as is necessary and prudent to protect the health and safety of everyone working on the Jobsite, to protect equipment and materials, or to limit the liability of the Company.
- Submit accurate timesheets and reports by the end of each work day.
- Report to work on time and be ready to work by 7:00 am.
- Perform work as assigned by the Project Lead.
- Learn plumbing practices from the Project Lead while performing or assisting with the work of the Project.
- Care for Company vehicles and equipment.
- Submit timesheets at the end of each week.
- Attend mandatory division meetings. If the meeting is missed, review of meeting minutes is a requirement.
- Perform other duties as management may direct.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location