- Advanced knowledge of PLC architecture, programming and function; adjustable frequency drives (AFD); motor soft-starters; across the line motor control components; pressure sensors; flow control systems; SCADA system computer equipment and control components.
- Must possess a sound working knowledge of the safety requirements and precautions that must be taken while working in close proximity to medium to high voltages.
- Knowledge of computer aided drafting practices and procedures, computer systems, and basic spreadsheet, database and word processing software programs.
- Moderate knowledge of telemetry, calibration instruments, and specialized diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to interpret and work from technical manuals, schematics, blueprints, and troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Moderate interpersonal skills are required to exchange and interpret information, and respond to routine questions. Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, and the public in person and/or by phone.
- Must possess the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Machinery, instrumentation, test equipment and tools related to water treating and pumping operations.
- Computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Water-treatment and pumping machinery, instrumentation, tools, electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Standard office materials and equipment.
- Assigned vehicle.
Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments. Physical hazards are present approximately 50% of the time and may inhibit the normal performance of duties. Position may be exposed to adverse weather conditions, confined spaces, noise and traffic hazards, chemical solvents or fumes, and high voltage areas. Work requires continuous standing, walking, bending, climbing, and/or kneeling for extended periods of the time on a regular basis. Lifting, pulling, and/or pushing of items (sometimes in excess of 40 pounds) is moderate and necessary for the performance of required duties.
The essential functions and major responsibilities listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of Pueblo Water and requirements of the job change. The above are the duties performed by employees in this classification. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.