Director of Engagement and Philanthropy
Colorado State University Pueblo Foundation
The Colorado State University Pueblo Foundation supports CSU Pueblo in its private fundraising
and charitable efforts for the purpose of supplementing and enhancing university programs,
activities, and educational opportunities.
The Director of Engagement and Philanthropy supports the core values of the CSU Pueblo
Foundation and assures quality services to all university and foundation constituents. This
position manages relationships with current and prospective donors. The Director of Engagement
and Philanthropy is expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors, friends
and alumni of CSU Pueblo.
The Director of Engagement and Philanthropy reports to the president/CEO of the CSU Pueblo
Foundation or his designee. She/he interfaces with campus departments and external university
constituencies and works closely with Foundation development and operations staff, and board
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
• Fundraising Strategy: Develop and execute fundraising strategies to increase donations
and engagement among alumni, friends, current donors, and other potential donors.
• Donor Relations: Cultivate and maintain relationships with key donors, ensuring they
remain engaged and committed to the university's mission.
• Campaign Planning: Plan and oversee fundraising campaigns to enhance and grow
• Data Analysis: Analyze donor data and fundraising performance to identify trends, areas
for improvement, and opportunities for growth.
• Stewardship: Ensure that donors are appropriately recognized and acknowledged for their
• Communication: Develop and implement communication strategies to keep donors
informed and engaged with the university.
• Reporting: Prepare reports on annual giving performance to share with university
leadership and stakeholders.
• Fundraising Technology: Utilize fundraising software and CRM systems to manage
donor data and campaigns effectively.
• Compliance: Ensure that fundraising activities comply with relevant laws and
This role is essential in supporting the financial health of the university and Foundation by
securing annual gifts that contribute to its various programs and initiatives.
The successful candidate will be an individual who believes in the mission of Colorado State
University Pueblo and the Colorado State University Pueblo Foundation, willing to establish
communication with current and new donors, is results- and people-oriented, and possesses a
strong work ethic and superb attention to detail. The candidate will also have proven
communication skills with an ability to write and speak persuasively about the role of
educational philanthropy. Some night and weekend work is required. Must be willing to travel.
• Bachelor's Degree in mass communications, business or closely related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Self-starter and able to manage projects independently
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to track program progress and adhere to deadlines
• Ability to build new relationships and enhance established relationships with donors and
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit and steward gifts of $500 - $5,000
• Development of move management processes in donor cultivation cycle
• Knowledge of planned giving techniques and vehicles
• Knowledge and experience in Raisers Edge and crowdfunding platforms
• Demonstrated success with grassroots and/or education fundraising programs
$60,000 – $70,000 commensurate of experience and an extensive benefit package which includes
health, dental, vision, retirement and bonuses.
To apply, email cover letter, your resume and three professional references to:
CSU Pueblo Foundation
Attn: Daniel Minich
2200 Bonforte Blvd. Pueblo, CO 81001 • (719) 549-2858